Pages

Friday, February 27, 2015

Lot of 23 "LOVE YOU DEARLY" cards for kids *w/measurements




What fun these were and ohhhh so easy to  make.  I used up nearly the entire My Mind's Eye Boy Crazy 6 x 6 paper pad. There are some scraps left that I am going to cut up and maybe make a scrappy card or two.  

I ended up with 23 cards in this batch. 

**Measurements down at bottom.




 I started by pulling out each sheet and cutting it ~ using the method in the picture below this one.   I am using the sketch that is in the upper right corner of the picture.



This is how I cut each sheet.  There was two sheets that wasn't usable, I could use the pattern on the one side, but it was like tags on the other.  I took one sheet that had the red chevron on it and used it to cut some of the 2" x 3 1/2" rectangles and the other was a top layer for one of the cards. 



All the pages are cut and layered onto a dark brown layer.. these are all the pieces paired up.



Laying several of the white pieces for the sentiment, onto a dark piece of card stock when I stamp the sentiment, makes it easier to see and lineup. 


I took care of putting foam tape on the back of each of the sentiment layers. 


Here all the card tops are completed.. now to put them onto card bases.


This is how I cut each sheet of paper:


Here is the sketch I used ~ SSSC203:




*MEASUREMENTS:

card base 8 1/2" x 11"  scored at 4 1/4"

solid layer:  4 1/8" x 5 3/8"
pattern:  4" x 5 1/4"

rectangle:
solid 2 1/8" x 3 5/8"
pattern:  2" x 3 1/2"

sentiment strip:  *this is determined by the size of your sentiment
solid: 1 3/8" x 4 3/8"
white:  1 1/4" x 4 1/4"

*SUPPLIES:

card stock:  white, brown
pattern paper: MME Boy Crazy
stamps:  Paper Smooches Pretty Phrases
ink:  Hero Arts Black
accessories:  Scor-Pal, Large Fiskars Circle Punch, LifeStyle Crafts Large Dots embossing folder, hole punch, mini silver brads and Foam Tape




thanks for looking ~

have a great airborne day!
God Bless All Our Military.. each and every one of them

6 comments:

RobinH said...

Thanks for sharing the measurements on the 6x6 paper, that's where I struggle the most, getting the most pieces from one sheet of paper

RobinH said...

Thanks for sharing the measurements on the 6x6 paper, that's where I struggle the most, getting the most pieces from one sheet of paper

Jean in PA said...

Thanks for sharing all this Pam. I do appreciate seeing them and if I make a lot of similar cards, I send some of them to OWH and use some for other groups also. I suppose if I didn't have the other uses, I could store them and send a few in each batch to OWH! Don't stop sharing!

airbornewife said...

Jean.. thank you so much for your comment. You made my day! Pam

Unknown said...

Fabulous group of cards, love the sketch, so versatile for some of those bigger prints and a solid circle! Thanks for sharing

Trish said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE these cards!!! What did you do with the 2 x 2.5 pieces? and what size is the circle? Thanks!!!