Pages

Sunday, February 22, 2015

Lot of 10 "I LOVE YOU" kids cards *w/measurements



After making 10 cards earlier today, I decided to find another sketch in my pile of Deconstructed Sketches that I have printed off and selected Sketch #48.     I altered it a tad to make it work with the papers I was using and I really like the way they turned out.

*NOTE:  The two cards above the sketch printout were made using two of the 2" strips I had leftover.  To make this set of 10 cards, I ended up using every sheet in the MME paper pad My Girl that I was using.   I have some 2" strips left and some pieces I am punching out that I may use on the next set of cards. I'll figure that out after posting this.  


This was when I started, I made two cards to see if I liked how they looked before proceeding on with making others.



 *TIP.  For the half circle piece I had pieces leftover from the tops of  strips I cut, I used a very large circle punch to punch them out, then punched out some pieces in black with the same punch and layered them together.


*MEASUREMENTS:

card base:  8 1/2" x 11"  scored at 4 1/4"

solid layer  4 1/8" x 5 3/8"
pattern layer 4" x 5 1/4"

banner
solid/pattern  .. I cut a piece 3 1/8" wide and longer than 4 1/2".. after trimming the banner ends, I cut it to 4 1/2" long, adhered it to the black layer and then cut the banner ends on the black piece.

on the cards with the 2" wide banner, I cut the piece 2 1/8" wide and did the same as the banner above.

sentiment
this will be determined by your sentiment. The sentiment I used is one I bought at Michael's. I cut the white piece 1" x 3 1/2" and the black layer 1 1/8" x 3 5/8"




Here's the sketch I used:  DECONSTRUCTED SKETCH #48



Supplies:

card stock:  black, white
pattern: MME My Girl
stamps:  Craft Smart "I LOVE YOU" from Michael's
ink: Hero Art black
accessories:  Scor-Pal, Large Circle Punch and Scissors



thanks for looking ~

have a great airborne day!
God Bless All Our Military.. each and every one of them

5 comments:

Karenladd said...

I have been enjoying your cards with the 6x6 pad papers but these are especially wonderful! LOVE the half circle and sketch that you used! I am assuming that you make these cards for military men and women to send to their family and friends???

Over Embellishing said...

Nice work! I have that same paper pack and love all the patterns! I like how you backed them all in black- really makes those patterned papers stand out!

Unknown said...

Great group of cards, love the papers and the black really makes them pop! TFS!

Sherry Hickey said...

These are fab, Pam, and I just love that sketch! Will have to try it!

Unknown said...

I really love this sketch. Easy, colorful and adorable cards! Thanks for sharing.