Pages

Thursday, February 26, 2015

Lot of 20 Patriotic "THANKS SO MUCH" cards *w/measurements




Today I wanted to work on some more Patriotic "Thank You" cards. I made one last night and used a red embossed star layer and today I decided to go with Kraft rather than the red. I like the way they turned out. 


Below is when I had everything cut, stamped, punched and ready to go. The red card I made last night is shown below.




*TIP:  When I am embossing a lot of pieces, I do two at a time. I noticed on the bottom layer of the two pieces embossed, the stars were more predominant if I flipped it over and used the debossed side, I think that's what it's called.  I wanted to show below what the two looked like.  Pretty neat huh?



The sketch I used was a Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge #231 sketch.. instead of several banners, I just made one and went with that.



MEASUREMENTS:

card base:  8 1/2" x 11" scored at 4 1/4"

solid layer: 4 1/8" x 5 3/8"
pattern:     4" x 5 1/4"

strip:
solid:  2 1/8" x 4 1/8"
pattern: 2" x 4"

banner flag:
solid 1 5/8" 4 5/8" *This piece isn't one I really measure as I cut a strip longer than this, punch out the banner ends and then after adhering the pattern banner to this piece, I just cut off the excess
pattern:  1 1/2" x 4 1/2" *I cut this piece longer, punch the ends, then trim it to 4 1/2"


SUPPLIES:

card stock:  cream, kraft, navy
pattern paper:  Authentique Pride
stamps:  Stamps of Life Phrases2Say
ink:  Hero Arts Black
accessories;  Scor Pal, Circle Punches, SU Photo Corner Punch, Darice Star Embossing Folder and Foam Tape



thanks for looking ~

have a great airborne day!
God Bless All Our Military.. each and every one of them

1 comment:

Tommi said...

Thank you for sharing your cards, process, and the tip on flipping the embossed paper over. I enjoy your work.