Pages

Friday, December 27, 2013

OWH Midweek Throwdown: LOVE YOU DEARLY in red and white



The Midweek Throwdown Challenge on the Operation Write Home Stars & Stamps blog this week is cards that are either Red & White  or Green & White.   I thought I'd make some "LOVE" cards.

These are SUPER easy to make and to make lots of them in several color combos.

MEASUREMENTS:

card base is:  5 1/2" x 8 1/2" scored at 4 1/4"
solid color (red) layer is:  5 1/4" x 4"
top (white) layer is:  5 1/8" x 3 7/8"

pattern paper strip is 3/4" x 4 1/4" and I cut it diagonally at the one end

The stamp I used is from a Paper Smooches set called Pretty Phrases
The pattern paper is used is from a Simple Stories 6 x 6 paper pad called Snap color vibe.   This pad has 36 sheets of pattern papers in it.. in a range of colors.    You can get 10 stripes from each card.    I cut two strips measuring 3/4" from one side.. then cut that piece down to 4 1/4" x 6".. then turned it and cut the rest of the 3/4" strips from the side making the strips 3/4" x 4 1/4"   hope that makes sense.    Heart is on a dimensional.. the heart is from a Martha Stewart border punch.

I have everything cut to make more cards tomorrow.. but my eyes are bothering me, so I am going to head to bed.    Tomorrow I get to drive to town to pick up my baby (My Armada).. which had some work done on it today..  a new Catalytic Converter and a new compressor for the rear auto leveling system so she's not sagging in the back end.  She's all fixed and was ready for pickup earlier today but we were all the way in another town and wasn't going to be back home to pick up the loaner car and to drive all the way to the other town.  

thanks for looking ~

have a great airborne day!
God Bless All Our Military.. each and every one of them

1 comment:

Diane said...

Great card and perfect for us to CASE! Thanks for the instructions on cutting the paper- makes perfect sense!