Pages

Sunday, February 22, 2015

Lot of 10 "I MISS YOU" cards for kids *w/measurements


I seen on the OWH site that the Mid Month Throwdown challenge was to make Cards for Kids.   I grabbed one of the MME My Girl paper pads that I purchased recently and got busy to make some cards. After deciding on a sketch, I cut everything and then layered them all onto black card stock. 

Here I have all the pieces for ten cards ready.


I laid out all ten of the larger pattern layers and took the long rectangle layers and sorted them out to which card they would go on and then I did the same with the thin strips.  



Here I have everything cut, stamped, punched and all layers together.. time to assemble them.






MEASUREMENTS:

card base  8 1/2" x 11" scored at 4 1/4"
solid layer  4 1/8" x 5 3/8"
pattern layer:   4" x 5 1/4"

long rectangle
solid layer  2 1/8" x 4 5/8"
pattern layer  2" x 4 1/2"

strip
solid layer  3/4" x 4 1/8"
pattern paper  5/8" x 4"

embossed rectangle
solid layer 2 5/8" x 3 3/8"
pattern layer  2 1/2" x 3 1/4"




Here is the sketch I used:  DECONSTRUCTED SKETCH #30



SUPPLIES:

card stock: black, cream, So Saffron
pattern paper: MME My Girl
stamps:  Stamps of Life Phrases2Say
ink:  Hero Arts Black
accessories:   Scor-Pal, SU Scallop Punch, Circle Punch, Mini Brads, Hole Punch and Foam Tape



thanks for looking ~

have a great airborne day!
God Bless All Our Military.. each and every one of them

4 comments:

Scrappin' Cat! said...

Really cute. I just love the pictures of your process. Thank you for sharing.

Couture911 said...

Cute cards. I have the MME Alphabet Soup and Lime Twist 12" x 12" pads and I'll be I can do something really similar. Thanks so much for including measurements! They really help and I use measurements from your blog all the time.

Trish said...

I LOVE your cards. Your blog makes me happy. You use layers too and I love that. LOVE the scalloped circle on a regular circle, great idea. I might have to steel that.

Beth F. said...

I was stuck on what to create when I went into my craft room, so I went to my Pinterest boards and this post caught my eye! I now have Carta Bella's Sew Lovely 6x6 pad deconstructed and I am cutting up lots of paper. Thanks for the inspiration!