Pages

Wednesday, February 25, 2015

21+2 "THANKS EVER SO MUCH" and "THANKS SO MUCH" cards using Authentique Pride paper *w/measurements



Anyone that knows me, knows that I love all things Red, White and Blue.  It's my favorite color combination to use on cards and yesterday morning while cleaning off the area where my Big Shot is, I glanced up at the shelf where some of my 6 x 6 paper pads are and seen these beauties. They are the most gorgeous Patriotic paper pads I have ever seen.   

During a blog hop a couple of years ago I won one of these pads and I loved it so much that I ordered a bunch off of Walmart.com.  Last year while in Charlotte, NC for the Coca Cola 600 NASCAR race, I spotted some in A.C. Moore and bought every one they had. The paper pad is from Authentique and called Pride.

Last night I set out to make some "THANK YOU" cards and ended up making all the cards in the picture above.   I made the two cards with the red embossed layers first and then made the one like all the others shown, it was my favorite so I set out to make 20 more.   

*MEASUREMENTS AND SUPPLIES AT BOTTOM OF POST

This picture below shows all the scraps I had leftover from a big lot of cards I made a while back.    The first thing I did was sort through the scraps.  There were a bunch that were at least 2 1/8" wide, so I trimmed them to 2 1/8" x 4 1/2".   I then found a bunch that were 1 1/2" wide. I pulled them aside to use as the banners.    I did have to cut into a couple of sheets in one of the pads to make more banners.   All I have left of the scraps are the thinner strips and I just printed off a new MFT sketch that has a bunch of thin banners on it, so I'm going to see what I can do to use them for that sketch.


In this picture I have everything cut, scored, embossed, stamped and punched to make 20 cards.  *note. some of the banners weren't trimmed down yet because I wasn't sure which side of the banners I was going to use and in the end, it didn't matter which side, so I could have already had them trimmed to 3 3/4" long.  






 Tip:  When I do a lot of stamping on lighter card stock, I always lay the pieces on a dark colored piece so that it's easier to line up the stamp and stamp onto it.  I also try to do them in batches by laying out an even amount to the darker piece and stamp each one, move them aside and lay down the next group. I find it moves much faster than doing them one at a time.



I also do adhesive in batches as well.  Sometimes I do more than this many at a time, but these were pretty easy with just two strips of adhesive on each one.


I should've taken my own advise to do the assembly in batches.. however I did find that if I took each piece needed for the card top, assemble them and then set it aside.    That got old for me so after 13, I decided to put adhesive on every piece that was needed for the last 7 cards.  There is more pieces to the left of me sitting on my trimmer.   I do each card top and then the final thing is to put them all on the card bases.



Here are a look at each of the card samples.   This one was my favorite.



 This one will be super easy to produce. I will post a separate blog post about this card and the one below it, with measurements, etc. when I make lots of them.



 A super fun card.. I just love the embossed star layer on this card and the one above ~ makes me happy!


*MEASUREMENTS (these are for the lot of 21 cards ~ others to follow in another blog post)

card base:   8 1/2" x 11"  scored at 4 1/4"

solid layer:  4 1/8" x 5 5/8"
embossed layer: 4" x 5 1/4"

large strip:
solid layer:  2 1/4" x 4 5/8"
pattern layer: 2 1/8" x 4 1/2"

sentiment layer:
solid layer:  1 3/8" x 3 5/8"
stamped layer: 1 1/4" x 3 3/4"

banner:  *after punching/cutter banner ends
solid layer:  1 5/8" x 3 7/8"
pattern layer:  1 1/2" x 3 3/4"


*ADDED> >>>  this is the OWH sketch is what I used, I had to just tweak some measurements to fit the scraps I was working with.



*SUPPLIES:

card stock:  red, navy blue and ivory
pattern paper:  Authentique Pride
stamps:  Paper Smooches Pretty Phrases *Thanks So Much from Stamps of Life Phrases2Say
ink:  Hero Arts black
accessories: Scor-Pal, SU Star Punch, SU Photo Corner Punch (banner ends), Darice Star Embossing Folder and Foam Tape



thanks for looking ~

have a great airborne day!
God Bless All Our Military.. each and every one of them

2 comments:

Sandie C said...

These look great - thanks for the inspiration. I make cards for the troops over the big pond in Oz

Anonymous said...

Isn't this paper pack the coolest stuff you have ever seen?? I am in love with it too and my gf GAVE it to me!!