Pages

Monday, April 23, 2012

StampersBest goodies ~ THANK YOU card ~

I got a package of goodies today from StampersBest... I got a couple of gifts (thank you Susan) and the sentiment in the lower right corner was gifted to me yesterday by a friend who I had loaned a stamp/punch to. She came over yesterday to return the stamp and when she handed it to me, she handed me the other stamp as well and said it was for me (thank you Trish)... two stamps that I had missed putting on my order, were gifted to me.. I am so blessed.

here are all the new goodies that I got:


This is the first card I made using my new goodies:


I stamped the image onto an embossed panel that I had bought at XpedX last year,, then stamped the image again onto white card stock, colored in a section, punched it out, layered it and attached it on top of the first stamped image using Dimensionals. The main image and "Thank You" are part of a stamp set from StampersBest called Welcome Home... there is a "Welcome Home" sentiment in the set along with the two images I used.
If you use code: airbornewife at checkout, you can save 10% off your order... who doesn't love saving $$$$$$.

Here is a card I made last night:


I had the thought in my head while I was laid up earlier last week after surgery.. I was thinking of how I could be doing something instead of just laying in bed and watching TV.. I thought of punching out some 1" squares and then rounded two opposite corners on each and then making a quick card putting four of them on a card using dimensionals.. putting a button in the center and stamping a sentiment off to the side. I grabbed what scraps I had on my desk to put this together. I used a sentiment from a $1.00 stamp set I got at J's a few days ago.. the stamp wasn't stamping nice and clear the first few times I stamped it on some scrap paper.. I got it to stamp nice enough for me to make something with it and I will be sending this card in to Operation Write Home.

thanks for looking ~

have a great airborne day!
God Bless All Our Military.. each and every one of them

2 comments:

Kathryn said...

The door card is gorgeous. I love the spotlight technique- I wouldn't have the patience to color the whole image and you've highlighted the most important part.

I can't wait to see what you do with the VW stamps. :)

Nikki Bond said...

Love the front door image....and your simple card is perfect! {SMILES}