Pages

Monday, April 16, 2012

Merry Monday Card Challenge #16.... Christmas Wishes

Last week my card was chosen as the winner in the Merry Monday Card Challenge on the Always Playing With Paper blog ~ thanks Lesley ~ and I was asked if I would like to be a guest designer this week.... of course, of course!! what fun.

This is my card for this week's sketch challenge:


Here is the sketch I used:



I flipped the sketch sideways.. got all the elements of my card stamped/punched/cut out.. and then sewed around the inside of each panel, put dimensionals or adhesives on the pieces and put it together.

For this card I used:

card stock: Cherry Cobbler, Always Artichoke, Very Vanilla.
paper: Lizzie Anne Designs pattern paper
ink: distress ink
accessories: sewing machine, snowflake punches, embroidery floss, buttons, bigkick, hero arts/sizzix die, corner punch for banner ends, paper piercer, red brads
stamps: Hero Arts/Sizzix stamp set, Lizzie Anne Designs sentiment stamp


I am having surgery today on my right arm.. I have something called Ulnar Nerve Entrapment and they are relocating a nerve in my elbow from the bottom to the upper crease... hoping that this gets rid of the numbness in my right hand and I can regain strength in my pinkie and ring finger.

thanks for looking ~

have a great airborne day!
God Bless All Our Military.. each and every one of them

6 comments:

Lesley said...

A gorgeous card you have created Pam, love the snowflakes with buttons, the flagged sentiment and especially the tree! Wishing you a successful surgery today! Take care of yourself!
Hugs,
Lesley

Notes by Nina said...

Beautiful card, I really like how you flipped the sketch and the papers you used are fabulous. Good luck with your surgery.

Lee Mae said...

Pam, another awesome card! Congrats on winning and being guest designer. All the best with your surgery.

Sherry Hickey said...

Hi Pam! Your Christmas card is absolutely gorgeous; congrats on being chosen as Guest Designer! You know I'm a fan! I hope the surgery went well today; I'm sure you're not feeling too peachy tonight. Rest that arm!

Dixie Cochran said...

Ho, ho, ho!! Love your card! Hope all goes well with your surgery!!

Debbie said...

Beautiful card!! I love the papers you used!!