Pages

Thursday, June 9, 2016

MOJO451 'WE'RE MERMAID FOR EACH OTHER" card using Lawn Fawn Mermaid For You stamps/dies



Happy Thursday Everyone!! I have a TupeloDesignsLLC ~ TDLLC (using that link earns me points and you 10% off your first order ~ thank you)  Design Team card project for you today.  I used some stamps and dies from a new Lawn Fawn set called Mermaid For You.  The images and sentiments are absolutely adorable.  The heart is from the Lawn Fawn set called Party Animal.  I used some Copic Markers to color up the images.

I haven't felt too good the last few days. Dealing with an off and on tummy ache ~ which always seems to hurt when I need to be getting something done.  I have a crazy rash of bumps on my arms, wrist and some on my legs, that I have no idea what they are.  I had a doctor look at the today and they recommended putting some hydrocortisone on them.  We are attending a Military Ball tomorrow night so I'll look really suave with my bumpy arms..  haha!    Anyways ~ after tearing through stuff in the garage tonight looking for what I needed to make my card, feeling frustrated because I didn't feel well..  my husband says to me "I'm really proud of you keeping up with your Design Team cards with all that's been going on"..  made me feel like a million dollars..  well, maybe a 50!  haha, but it did make me feel good that's for sure.  After posting this I am taking two Benadryl and applying some cream and heading straight to bed. Hopefully they'll disappear overnight.  ~ hugs!


Back to my card................ After I stamped and colored up all the images, I lined up the dies and used some Post-It tape to keep the in place when I ran the through my BigShot machine.  These dies are soooooo easy to line up and they cut like butter!


After die cutting everything I started putting the card together. I layered the white banner with one I cut in black to help it show up more.   I stamped the sentiment onto the banner by cutting it apart between the word "mermaid" and "for" ~ it's really easy to line them back up if you needed to after cutting the apart.




Here's my happy couple!   I noticed the mark on the boy's hair after I put the card together. My cutters that I use to trim apart dies is buried somewhere in the garage. I think one of the pieces on the die must've poked in the paper ~ when the rest of my stuff is unpacked, I'll trim up the dies and get them stored on a piece of magnet.




 I used this week's MoJo Monday Sketch:  SKETCH #451
I flipped the sketch around for my card.

I wanted to share my messy mess that I made while I set out to make this card.  I'll be SO happy when I get a chance to get my stamp room unpacked and I can make cards in there instead of digging in tubs out in the garage..  haha!  hugs~ Pam



SUPPLIES:

card stock:  Black, MFT blue, Neenah White
pattern paper:  Lawn Fawn Let's Bokeh paper pad
stamps:  Lawn Fawn Mermaid For You, Lawn Fawn Party Animal
ink: Memento Black, Lawn Fawn Lobster, Hero Arts Sand, SU Orange, Assorted Copic Markers
accessories:  Scor-Buddy, Lawn Fawn Mermaid For You Dies, Lawn Fawn Party Animal Dies, Lawn Fawn Stitched Rectangles, MFT Pierced Circle, Lawn Fawn Large Stitched Journaling Card set (for banner) and Foam Tape


thanks for looking ~




have a great airborne day!

God Bless All Our Military.. each and every one of them



DISCLAIMER: Some of the products I use have been provided by Tupelo Designs LLC. However, my opinions of the products are my own.

4 comments:

Flo said...

Cute card!

Brenda said...

Sorry to hear that you aren't feeling well Pam. The red rash should respond to the Benadryl and Hydrocortisone cream should help. Especially the Benadryl since that will work from the inside out. We want you to look pretty for the military ball! I love you sweet card! It is so cute!! Yes, I can imagine you will be happy to get your craft room up and running. It's never fun searching boxes for supplies and then there is the mess that it makes. I feel for you! I love what your husband said to you, how sweet was that?!!! I hope you rewarded him for being so sweet! I have to agree with him though, it is a lot just with the move and then to keep up with a DT obligation, well that is just amazing!!! Hugs, Brenda

Lori said...

What a sweet design! Love your mermaid duo. Thanks for joining us at Mojo Monday! Hope you're feeling better soon.

Lady Joyful said...

Your design is gorgeous! Such a cute card and a great take on the sketch.