Pages

Thursday, May 12, 2016

MOJO447 "I LOVE YOU S'MORE!" card using Lawn Fawn stamps/dies *W/MEASUREMENTS



Happy Thursday Everyone!!  Sadly, this will be my last Guest Designer Post for Tupelo Designs LLC. (using that links earns me points and you 10% off your first order.)  I have had such a fun two months sharing cards using products from their site. I hope that I inspired you with the cards I have shared.  **UPDATE:  I am staying on the DT ~ but will be away from posting during the move ~ I do have some cards that I will schedule.  Thank you TDLLC for asking me to stay on!!

  I will be moving in about two weeks.  It's a long journey across the country and my crafty stuff has to be packed up. As soon as I get there and get things unpacked, I will be back to posting and sharing card projects ~ and maybe even some scrapbook pages!!

The reason I haven't been so active online is this kid below..  he is my youngest son and he is a high school golfer. He has made it back to the MO State Championship another year in a row.  Several colleges want him to come play golf for them, but we've narrowed it down to one.   I have been so blessed to have been able to watch him play and hone his game into what it is today. During his Freshman and Sophomore year I went to all his matches/tournaments that I could. The last two years I haven't missed a swing of the club.  I will miss this time of year when he goes off to college and I won't be able to watch him each week.........  I better get to the card!!!


Now.. let's talk about this fun "I LOVE YOU S'MORE!" card ~ I just love the adorable Lawn Fawn images and their dies that cut like butter!  I also used some Lawn Fawn pattern papers.

When I started on my card I had cut everything and was laying it out to make sure it would all fit. I had stamped, colored and die-cut more pieces than I needed.  I've already put the extras in a small container I have of stuff that I'll use on cards when I get to our destination.



I took some pictures along the way of the coloring ~ I didn't take a picture of the bear because I wasn't a fan of my coloring on him ~ but I sure did like the way the flames came out!  I stamped all my images with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and colored them with Copic Markers.

For the biggest flame:  I started with the red at the bottom, then the orange, dark yellow and then the lightest yellow. Blending each color as I went up.


For the middle flame: I colored the darkest orange at the bottom, then the darkest yellow, middle yellow and then the lightest yellow. Blending each color as I went up.


For the smallest flame: I colored the darkest yellow at the bottom, then middle yellow and the lightest at the top. Blending each color as I went up.


For the moon: I colored the darkest yellow in the bottom third of the moon, then colored in the middle yellow and then the lightest yellow on the top.

I used this week's MOJO Monday Sketch:  MOJO447


*MEASUREMENTS:





SUPPLIES:

card stock:  Black, Teal, Light Green and Neenah White
pattern paper: Lawn Fawn  Petite Paper Pad Let's Polka in the Meadow, Lawn Fawn Petite Paper Pack Perfectly Plaid
stamps:  Lawn Fawn Love You S'More, Lawn Fawn Starry Background
ink:   Memento Black, Versafine Black, Asst. Copic Markers, Memento Pink, Hero Arts Blue
accessories: Scor-Buddy, Foam Tape, Lawn Fawn Love You S'More dies, MFT Circle Stax Dies, Multi Medium Matte and Sunny Studio Sunny Sentiments Dies (grass)


thanks for looking ~




have a great airborne day!

God Bless All Our Military.. each and every one of them



DISCLAIMER: Some of the products I use have been provided by Tupelo Designs LLC. However, my opinions of the products are my own.

9 comments:

sherry varga said...

Pam this card is so colorful, well put together and just plain amazing. It is perfect for this time of year and I can think of tons of people that would like it. I always love your style of crafting. I wish you the best on your move and cannot wait to see what you create when you get back to card making. Congratulations to your son also! That is awesome! Of course, let me know if you are selling any crafts!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card, your coloring is gorgeous and I always love your layering of papers.

Good luck on the move and congrats to your son.

Dolores

Betty Locco said...

Love Love Love your card. The colors are so vibrant and happy! The black paper behind each layer really makes the colors pop. Your blending with the copics is fabulous. Good luck with your move and your son's college carrer. Both of my boys moved out last year and it definitely takes a while to get used to not having them around. Good thing I like to stamp and scrapbook!

Donna Oates said...

Love this card, Pam. Beautifully done. Have a safe move!

RobinH said...

super cute card, good luck to Jackson and with the move! will miss seeing your cards while all that is going on

Natalie Lapakko said...

What a neat card! Everything fits together just right and the coloring is gorgeous! Thanks for the inspiration!

Trish said...

Love the card. Great job. Question, what size are your circles? Thanks.

Lori said...

This is just too cute! Love the little scene you created. Thanks for joining us at Mojo Monday!

Brenda said...

I am so happy that Tupelo is keeping you on the design team Pam!! What a great photo of your son, love his form. I guess that is why he is being sought after by the colleges! It's so awesome and I'm glad he has narrowed it down to one college. Good luck with the move Pam, look forward to when you will be back up and posting again. Your card is simply adorable! LF does have such cute stamps. I don't own many, well I think just one set, but I love the set I have. Love your coloring with your Copics, the fire looks great! Hugs, Brenda