Pages

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Christmas Blessings ~ Santa Claus card *Measurements*


I posted this card back in December 2011.  I have 
been asked several times what the measurements are for the layers 
on this card.. however I had gifted the card to a fellow stamper and didn't have it 
anymore.. this past weekend I sat down and remade the card based off the picture of it 
on my blog.. it took me two attempts.. the first one the red embossed layer wasn't long enough.

Below is my scribbled notes on the paper that I wrote as I worked on the card. 


Measurements are:

Kraft card base 5 1/2" x 8 1/2" scored at 4 1/4" and folded in half

strip with Christmas Blessings sentiment stamped on it and layers:
white: 2" x 4 1/4"
black: 2 1/8" x 4 1/4"
red...  this layer is punched with a scallop on the bottom.. after punching I measured it to be 2 3/8" x 4 1/4"

red embossed panel and layers are:

red embossed pieced: 2 1/4" x 3 3/4"
white: 2 3/8" x 3 7/8"
black: 2 1/2" x 4"

Santa layer:
Stamp is from Delta and is called Santa Collage. I found mine at Michael's but I have seen it at Hobby Lobby as well.
Santa:  2 1/8" x 3 1/8"  I cut then stamp
red: 2 1/4" x 3 1/4" 
black: 2 3/8" x 3 3/8" 

I hope I got them all right.. as I wrote them down.  

I put everything in an image that you should be able to print out.. I've never done this before, so I hope it works right.



SUPPLIES:
card stock: kraft, white, black, red
stamps:  Delta Rubber Stampede Santa Collage (Hobby Lobby carries this at the moment both online and in their stores), Christmas Blessings sentiment from a Hero Arts Greatest Gift stamp set
ink: Ranger Archival Sepia and Versafine Black
accessories:  Scor-Pal, SU Pick A Petal Embossing Folder, SU Scallop Border Punch, Hole Punch, White Brads and Foam Tape
   


thanks for looking ~

have a great airborne day!
God Bless All Our Military.. each and every one of them

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow!!! Thanks for going through that for us!! This is a classic card - love it

Beth L. said...

Thanks for all your work! I love your card. Glad you had a nice visit with Kris.

Jill said...

Being able to print that out as a sheet is AAAAA MAZING! THANKS!

AllisonG said...

Pam, I *LOVE* how you created the image with the Santa card AND the measurements for your layout. I hope you do more of this as I love your crisp and clean layouts! This is a great Christmas card.

Lynn said...

Thank you so much for the recipe! This is a wonderfully classic card and I would love to give it a try!

debz917 said...

Pam, thanks for the measurements. I can't wait to get started on making these for my family card. Love it so much. Blessings to you and your family.

Debbie