Pages

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

OWH Challenge... Cards with no sentiments on the front

The Challenge this week on the OWH Stars & Stamps blog is Any Occasion~No Sentiment.

This was quite challenging for me.. to make cards with no sentiments on the fronts.
These are the two cards that I made without sentiments..........


There is no stamping on this card.. I just used pattern paper. The birds were cut from that paper as well. Super easy card.


This card uses pattern paper as well.. and the flowers on the paper matched some Groovy Guava Stampin' UP! card stock that is stashed away in my paper folders.. so I had to pull it out to use it.. I paired it up with some Old Olive paper and some ribbon that matches the GG as well.

After making the cards using no sentiments.. I thought I'd add some sentiments to see how they'd look... and here are the same two cards with sentiments added....


I stamped "love you" using a stamp from an old Stampin' UP! stamp set, then I punched it out and glued it over the top of the red heart that was below the birds.




I added a "many thanks" sentiment to this one.. I think that it would be a fun card to receive from someone expressing their gratitude.




Have fun... I would love to see what others come up with.

Sorry for the short post.. I had a Fine Needle Aspiration Biopsy today (Tuesday) on my Thyroid. I had one last year and everything was fine.. however today my neck is sore and stiff.. pain meds aren't helping and thank goodness I was given a tube of Lidocaine cream to put on my throat this morning before the test to numb it, so my husband put some on it for me tonight.. it's a little better, but boy does it hurt.. and to top it off I got a really pretty bruise right on my neck. I will add details tomorrow.. I am off to bed to get some rest.


**This morning I feel much better.. I got lots of rest and my neck, while still sore where the bruise is, not nothing like it was last night. So thankful to feel better today.. nothing is planned for today, no appointments.. so I am going to have a do nothing day!! {{HUGS}}



thanks for looking ~

have a great airborne day!
God Bless All Our Military.. each and every one of them

5 comments:

adele holcomb said...

Lovely cards, Pam, both with and without sentiments! Hope you feel better as the day goes on.

Just Me said...

Very pretty cards. I specially like the colors you used on the "Many Thanks" card.

Jen M said...

Gorgeous cards, pam! I like them both with and without sentiments. :)

Hope you are feeling better soon!

Unknown said...

Pam;
You are so creative. I have not seen this level of creativity in quite a while. I don't know if it's the sketches / layouts you use, the stamp set's, the colors, or everything combined. Whatever it is, I think you helped me find my Mojo! Yay!!!

~Shawnie Bartron
Stampin' Up! Demonstrator
Nyssa, Oregon

Lee Mae said...

I have been visiting your site since I started making cards about a year and a half ago, so I wanted to leave a comment to tell you how much I have learned from your cards. The ones you made for our OWH challenge this week have gone into my CASE file. I agree with Shawnie - when my MOJO starts to wane, i head on over to your blog for some inspiration. I may not copy a card you have made at all, but I always get my MOJO back! So thank you for sharing your talent with us. :)