Pages

Monday, February 14, 2011

"Thanks" Embossed flower cards for OWH


These are some cards that I made up rather quickly tonight. I will be sending them to Operation Write Home to send to deployed military. Hooah!

On a website I frequent, I had seen a link to someone's blog to a post about storage, I went snooping around on the blog and I had seen a posting on a blog using this idea of using the Prima flowers and then embossing after the flowers are glued to the cards.. I also seen it on Splitcoaststampers as well.

I have scads of Primas.. I pulled some of the bottles to be in front of me, there are more on the shelf. This is a great way to use them all up.

I ran out of black brads and remembered that I had bought the black enamel stuff last year at a local craft store and thought I'd give it a try.. it worked perfect.

I used a Inkadinkado stamp stamped on white cardstock, then glued the flowers on **At first I was using the device shown in the picture.. however I found that a glue stick is the easiest to use to attach the flowers.

After getting the flowers glued to the stamped white card stock, I then put it in an embossing folder and ran it though the Grand Calibur.. I figured out a way to emboss with the GC.. A plate, folder with paper in it, then a clear plate from the Bigkick/Bigshot machine, a rubber shim and then two pieces of cardstock as shims.. run it through and it works perfectly.


I stamped a sentiment on white card stock, punched it out with a Stampin' UP! oval punch and then used a Stampin' UP! scallop oval punch to punch out a black layer.

Waalaa.. card finished.

thanks for looking ~

have a great airborne day!
God Bless All Our Military.. each and every one of them

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, I love all the cards you made with this technique! This color combo is beautiful.