Pages

Monday, February 22, 2016

Day 22 Zig Pens "YOU COLOR MY WORLD" using Lawn Fawn stamps & dies *w/measurements

I am taking part of the ‪#‎thedailymarker30day‬ and this is my Day 22 coloring project




I shared a card I made yesterday >>{HERE}<< and I shared it in a FB group I am in. I was asked by one of the members how I made the card.  I said that I would make another one and shared the details.   The card is pretty easy ~ the most time is spent coloring and die-cutting the crayons. If you have the stamp set, but not the die ~ these are super easy to cut out.

First I stamped six crayons onto Watercolor paper. I used Zig Clean Color Real Brush Pens to color the crayons ~ you could use whatever color medium you have. If you are using Copics you would probably want to stamp them onto regular card stock instead of watercolor paper. 



After coloring the images up using my Zig Pens, I then die-cut them all out. 




After die-cutting I lined up the crayons onto the white card stock I had cut out. I thought I took a picture but I guess I didn't.  I lined up the crayons where half the crayon is off the side of the card stock. I left a little space of card stock showing to the left and right of the crayons. I then took a Pen and scribbled the color on.     I then cut a strip of foam tape about the length of the crayon, cut it up the middle and then snipped a little off to angle the top of the foam tape and adhered it to the back of the crayon.   

After putting the foam on the crayons I lined them up again onto the card stock as shown below.



 I then put the piece with the crayons centered and about 1/4" down from the top of the pattern paper, then put the sentiment piece up under the crayons and across the card.  That's it.  Hope that all made sense.

MEASUREMENTS:

card base:  4 1/4" x 11" scored at 5 1/2"  *you can also cut the base 5 1/2" x 8 1/2" and score at 4 1/4"

black layer:  4 1/8" x 5 3/8"
pattern layer: 4" x 5 1/4"

Crayon piece:

white layer:  2 3/4" x 4 1/8"
black layer:  2 7/8" x 4 1/4"

sentiment piece:

white layer:  7/8" x 5 1/4"
black layer:  1" x 5 3/8"


SUPPLIES:

card stock:  black, white, watercolor paper
pattern paper:  Lawn Fawn Let's Polka paper pad
stamps:  Lawn Fawn Color My World
ink: Versafine Black, Asst. Zig Clean Color Real Brush Pens
accessories:  Scor-Pal, Lawn Fawn Color My World Die and Foam Tape




Day 22 for the 30 day Color Challenge is in the books.. or on the rather on the blog! 
#thedailymarker30day


thanks for looking ~

have a great airborne day!
God Bless All Our Military.. each and every one of them

1 comment:

Kathy said...

Such a fun card and use of the Zigs. Great colors.