Pages

Sunday, December 11, 2011

"New" Hero Arts goodies in the house... including OWH ones!!!

This morning my husband and I got up early (6 am) and went over to the Ft. Bliss Cemetary to lay wreaths on the graves ~ Wreaths Across America brought a shipment of wreaths in today and they needed volunteers to unload/put the wreaths on the graves that a family member, friend or business had sponsored.... this picture is looking down at a small area of the cemetary from 601. This was taken with my cell phone while in a moving vehicle so it's not the greatest:




Today was the debut for the new Hero Arts catalog and a stamp store here in town was a part of the Debut Party. I ended up with four stamp sets ~ including three that are Operation Write Home ones.. how cool is that??? another set and then a background stamp. I found a distress ink that I didn't have and I got some linen thread.

Here are four of the cards I made this evening...........

This card uses one of the special Operation Write Home sets called Right At Home:

For this card I used some papers I think are from Jelly Bean (sp?) and then cut out the circles using Nestabilities dies and embossed the circle and the the other piece of paper with the Seeing Spots embossing folder. I stamped/colored/cut out the house and the cloud. I used post it notes while stamping the sentiment because it's one line above the other.. so I put a post it note on the one side while inking the other, removed the post it note and stamped.. then put a post it not on the other line and inked the other, removed that post it note and put a clean one on and then stamped.. that way none of the ink got on the paper while I was stamping each line.




This card uses another of the special Operation Write Home sets called All The Time:


For this card I inked the clocks in Versamark and stamped on a piece of white card stock (bigger than what I had planned on using, that way I can cut out parts of it to use).. then used clear embossing powder and a heat gun to heat set the embossing powder. I then used three different Distress Inks for the blue coloring and then took some water and splotched it on with my fingers. I was too impatient to wait for it to dry so I used the heat gun on it. I layered the blue piece on some white and then Night of Navy card stock. Stamped the sentiment on white layering it on Night of Navy, pointing the ends with a Stampin' UP! corner pieces punch.. can't remember the name of it.. the whole panel is on Dimensionals.




This card uses another of the special Operation Write Home sets called Year Round Sentiment:



For this card I found this adorable heart paper in my paper stash.. it's from Bo Bunny ~ A Gift of Love. I layered it on a white piece of card stock that I used a border punch along the bottom edge. The white circle is cut using a Nestabilities die, I adhered it on and then run the ribbon around the whole thing and then adhered that onto a red card base. The heart was stamped, cut out and then I inked some of the same red ink around the edges of it and put it on the card using Dimensionals.



This card uses a really cool background stamp called Zig Zag.. the sentiment is from Year Round Sentiment:


For this card I took four different Distress Inks and smeared them onto a Craft Sheet. I then spritzed them with water and proceeded to ink up my background stamp, moving it ever so slightly to pick up some ink. I then stamped it onto a white piece of card stock. I sponged on some Distress Inks in the same colors that I used to smear on the craft sheet. It's layered onto an Early Espresso layer and a Old Olive card base that is sponged with ink as well. I stamped the sentiment, punched out the shapes and the piece that goes across the card and sponged ink on all of them. Added the brown twill ribbon that I sponged dark brown ink on. I put two brads in the upper left corner. The sentiment layer is put on using Dimensionals.


I made another card using the set with the big XO's.. I put some crystal effects on the letters and I didn't want to move it while it was drying. UPDATE... last night I had tossed some papers on my desk while walking out of the room.. the lights were off.. I hadn't realized that the card was there so it's a hot mess.. and now in the recycle bin.. oh well. I'll try again.


thanks for looking ~

have a great airborne day!
God Bless All Our Military.. each and every one of them

7 comments:

Carol L said...

These are all great cards, and I love the new sets! The sentiments are perfect, but I'm really drawn to that zig-zag background stamp for some reason! Great job on the cards, and high 5's for volunteering to decorate those graves with wreaths! Nice job!

txbluiz said...

WOW!! I guess I know how you answered Sandy's question! :)

All of the cards are great! Can you please share how you created the one with the clocks? I guess that one speaks to me because I love the shades of blue.

adele holcomb said...

These are wonderful cards, Pam! I picked up that zig-zag stamp too and love your way of using it. The clock card is a WOW too!

Sarah said...

Oh dear me... I didn't think I needed these sets--yep you proved me wrong. Thank you so much for decorating graves you're a rock star!

Jan Hunnicutt said...

Pam you've done a fabulous job with these new OWH Hero Arts stamp sets, your cards are beautiful! Thanks for playing in our Valentine Midweek Throwdown challenge at Operation Write Home Stars & Stamps!

Linda said...

Awesome...the zig zag is my fav with all the muted colorings! TFS!!!

Rachel B said...

These are so amazing! I LOVE LOVE LOVE the clocks in blue. That is so fabulous. I am going to have to do this very soon!