Pages

Saturday, December 31, 2011

10 Favorite OWH cards during 2011...

When I read that OWH was going to do a little "linky blog hop" kinda thing where bloggers can post their 10 favorite OWH cards for 2011.. I thought, "I can do that".... except when I scrolled through blog posts I realized it wasn't going to be easy. I had sent in more than 1200 cards to OWH... so I got way more way than 10 and had to cut it down.. here are the ten I ended up with from my list.. and a little about each one:

Happy Mother's Day ~ Easel Card





I made a bunch of these cards. I had bought so many rolls of these Damask stickers and thought I'd never use them up.. well I ended up using an entire roll with all of these type cards (plus some regular cards as well).. now to unpack some more rolls that are buried in the garage so I can make some more for this upcoming Mother's Day.
ORIGINAL POST FOR THIS CARD

Greetings From Texas




We moved to Texas back in July.. and I couldn't buy up fast enough, all the cool Texas themed stamps at a local stamp store. These were my favorite cards that I made using the big TEXAS stamp.... these were all "Hero Mail" cards with notes inside from wives here at USASMA.. I thought someone from Texas, receiving one of these cards would so enjoy getting a greeting from their home state so I made a bunch of these.
ORIGINAL POST FOR THIS CARD


Thinking of You... cards that were for a Canine Challenge



I don't have any "canine" stamps, but found this digi on the OWH site: DOGGIE IN WAGON DIGI (*NOTE: this isn't a direct link to the digi.. it's like the fifth one down on the page.. I thought I would link to the page with all the digis in case there were others you might want to see/save/use.)...... and thought I'd use it on my cards for that challenge. When I made this card I thought of a mom or dad that was deployed sending it home to their son or daughter.. to let them know that they were thinking about them... missing them and loving them.
ORIGINAL POST FOR THIS CARD

Have a Great Day



I had picked up a stamp set that had the bicycle and sentiment stamp in it.. came home and had seen a card that I really liked the layout on and thought that I'd use the layout to make some cards. Midways through making these cards (I made 20) I ran out of the ribbon and had to take a trip around town trying to find some.. I didn't find an exact match, but one that was close enough.. I had to finish the cards and didn't think they'd look right without the ribbon.
ORIGINAL POST FOR THIS CARD
ANOTHER POST ABOUT THIS CARD
AND YET ANOTHER!

Dad

When I started to make some cards for Father's Day.. I either read or had heard Sandy say that if you could put "DAD" on the cards instead of "Father's Day" that the cards could be used anytime.. so I dug through my stamps and found this "DAD" one that was in a set that I was gifted by B. Johns. I made a bunch of these.. make that a whole bunch and really enjoyed myself making them.. knowing that a Dad somewhere around the world would be receiving the card from their son or daughter.. bearing a greeting for Father's Day or just to tell them how much they love and appreciate all their support.
ORIGINAL POST FOR THIS CARD


Thank You For Your Dedicated Service and Sacrifice

*I had a commenter ask about this Eagle image.. it is a stamp from StampersBest... use code: airbornewife to save 10%

There really is no other kind of card that I so enjoying making than cards for Heroes. I always wonder what the person receiving a card will think when they get it.. will they know just how much they are appreciated for all that they do? will they know that we at home support them with all our being? ... just thoughts I have.. then I smile and think that they too will be smiling when they get it because they will know the love from home that comes with it. God Bless Our Military and God Bless the United States of America.
ORIGINAL POST FOR THIS CARD... AND SOME OTHER HERO CARDS I MADE AROUND THE SAME TIME

Holiday Cheer ~ Snowmen cards



I made a bunch of these "tent topper" cards.. but had to keep my list to 10 so I opted to just show these.. I signed up for a Christmas Card Challenge on SCS and I said my goal for each month would be 10 Christmas cards.. I am so proud of myself for keeping my goal for every month this year.. and even making more than my goal during some months. I had lots and lots of Christmas cards that I sent in to OWH.... I had a handful of onesies that I had made that I sent out to family.. however I had no cards for friends and my mojo for making Christmas cards had left and just couldn't find it's way back for some reason.. try as I may, it just wouldn't come back. I'm going to need to find some mojo next month.. because the challenge starts all over again.. I think that this year I'll make 10 for OWH and keep then 2-3 more and keep those for family/friends for next year... but knowing me, I'd send them all to OWH.. cause that's just how I am... ha ha.
ORIGINAL POST FOR THIS CARD AND SOME SNOWGLOBE TENT TOPPER CHRISTMAS CARDS I MADE AS WELL


Thinking of You ~ Butterfly card



Thinking of you, Miss you and Love you cards are always needed by OWH.. and after making my favorite Hero cards.. making these kinds are my second favorite. This is a card I made that I had cased from a card I seen in a stamping magazine. I had just bought the H.A. stamp set and wanted to get it inked up.. the butterflies in it are beautiful. I hope that this card brought a smile to whoever received it.
ORIGINAL POST FOR THIS CARD

Thank you Hero... you make America proud.




another one of my favorite cards... I could make Red, White and Blue cards all day long. This card uses a digi that can be found on the OWH website THANK YOU HERO ... *NOTE: it's the third digi down on that page.. I thought I'd link to the page with all in case there are others you'd like to see/save/use. The star paper is some I picked up many years ago at a H.L. store.
ORIGINAL POST FOR THIS CARD

Layered and Watercolored.. and more layers bird card









I saved this one for last.. because there was so many pictures I had posted on the original post for this card and thought I'd put it at the end. I really liked making this card.. this image is from a Stampin' UP! stamp set Serene Spring which is one of my favorites. This card I made for a challenge that I think was to do layers upon layers on your card.. this is what I came up with. I almost kept it because I was so fond of it.. but sent it in to OWH instead.
ORIGINAL POST FOR THIS CARD

Okay.. that's it.. Thanks for sticking with me through this post. The next blog in the hop is GRAMMASROOM



If you'd like to see all the other blogs involved in the "hop".. go to the OWH Stars & Stamps blog.. have fun and enjoy..


Happy New Year to you all!!

thanks for looking ~

have a great airborne day!
God Bless All Our Military.. each and every one of them

35 comments:

Linda said...

Yes it is very hard to pick a favorite out of those...I am partial to to missing you card as a dog lover. Happy New Year to you!

Marsha said...

Every one of your cards is absolutely beautiful. Nice colors, layouts. It is obvious that lots of talent and care went into each card. Love the eagle card but I'm not even going to try to pick a favorite.

Jen M said...

These are all fabulous, as usual! I love the eagle card, oh, and the lion one too!

Margaret said...

Great cards. I love seeing your work and have your blog in my favorites. The layered flower card is awesome.

Unknown said...

So many great cards. My fave is the easel Mother's Day card. The eagle that looks like the frame is embossed is cool. Love the layered birds too.

Cora said...

Pam, I could look at your cards all day long. I won't even try to pick a favorite. Your talent and caring just shines through. It is a privilege to know you through Facebook. You are an inspiration. We are at opposite ends of the pole on conservatism but I always find what you have to say intersting. Hugs

Ronni Unger said...

Beautiful cards! It is nice to go through and see all of them and remember seeing them - but the best part is seeing them again. You do great work! Happy new year!

rscholz said...

If I had to pick a favorite, I would pick them all. You do beautiful work. Thanks for sharing.

Laurie R said...

So hard to pick a favorite, but I really like your snowman cards! They are just adorable. Thank you for sharing. Happy New Year!

Misty said...

I always love your work and am hard pressed to pick one, let alone of 10!I Love the dog in wagon, with the beautiful coloring. I'd love to try greetings from NJ, don't know how to fit all that. All said, I can not choose a fave, I Love them all!
Happy New Year!
Hummer Hugs,
Misty
http://deliteful-gifts.blogspot.com/
hummingbird204 at comcast dot net

Paula S. said...

With all the gorgeous, inspiring work you posted in 2011 Pam I wondered how you'd be able to pick 10. I think you need it to be at least a top 30! Keep up the great work I look forward to seeing your creation in 2012. Happy New Year!

Carol L said...

I don't think there's anyone more dedicated to OWH than you! WOW! You are something else, making over 1200 cards this year! Every one of them is amazing, but I just LOVE those Texas cards! Keep up the great work, and have a very happy New Year too!

Merrie said...

I love flouricshes. Your first pick is my favorite, too. I also like your other cards, particularly the eagle head. Is that hand drawn? or a stamp? Happy New Year

StampTramps said...

Your cards are always beautiful and inspirational. There's no way I could even begin to pick a favorite.

Paper Therapy Ponderings said...

beautiful cards - that last one is gorgeous - lots of layers - I love layers - you need to save some cards for yourself to send to family and friends

thanks for sharing

Barb Housner

PatQ said...

Beautiful cards--all of them, but I really liked the last one. Great hero card.

Happy New Year!

Sherry Hickey said...

Hi Pam! You are one of the most talented & productive cardmakers I know, and so important to the OWH family! I really missed you when you had to take a break during the big move! I remember well your elegant Mother's Day card; I don't think I saw the cute little snowmen; I'd like to know that technique! Happy New Year!!

Dixie Cochran said...

Pam, I don't know how in the world you were able to stick to 10! Your cards are always stunning! I knew that Mother's Day card would be in the line-up though. It's one of my favorites too! Happy New Year!

Kathryn said...

Pam, I could look at your cards all day! I know what you mean about running out of mojo for personal Christmas cards. I think this year I will require myself to be finished personal cards by the OWH deadline. Then I can divide them up and not feel bad in December when I haven't done my own cards. This years are mostly made but not sent yet. I'm aiming for sending them to arrive by Epiphany! :)

Jan Hunnicutt said...

Pam I loved seeing your top ten OWH cards,wonderful inspiration :) Thanks for sharing your awesome creativity with us!

Sheila said...

Gorgeous cards!

Happy new Year!

Sheila
http://2pawprints.blogspot.com

Dotti's Hobbies said...

Wow, Pam! Those are all wonderful! You put so much love and care into your cards - it's just fantastic. I especially like the patriotic cards and the last one with all the layering - gorgeous. Thanks for all the inspiration and all the work you've put in to bless our heroes over the last year.

Lee Mae said...

Pam, your cards are all so wonderful I couldn't pick a favorite. (Actually I have my favorite!! Thank you for the extra images too.) I think I will be your first 2012 comment!! Happy New Year!

Karen McAlpine said...

Really, really great collection! Love the layout on the bike card, the CASness of the eagle card, and everything else too. LOL Happy new Year!!

Cindy's Card Co said...

Pam I absolutely love your Mother's Day easel card. It's stunning.

Velda said...

Your cards are all so inspiring. Thank you for all you do for OWH.

Lee Ann Barrett said...

I cannot pick a favorite here! Your cards are just wonderful. The mother's day easel card is great, and the dimensional butterfly and flowers is amazing. Very inspiring group of 10! TFS-

Yvonne said...

Okay, there is absolutely no way I can choose a favorite! I love the dimension you add to your cards with folding and "popping up" your elements! Just lovely! Thanks for sharing now and throughout the year! Happy 2012!

Lisa Oliver said...

Pam...you know I am a big fan! I have never seen one of your cards that I didn't like and most of them I want to CASE. Seriously, friend, you should look into being published. Thanks for your friendship and all you do for OWH and our military. Happy New Year!

Sue D said...

I am always inspired by all the cards you make. I have a roll of the damask stickers in pink.

Cindy O said...

Fabulous cards! I really like the patterned paper, colors, and gingham ribbon on the bicycle card. But my favorite is the butterfly card. Just stunning with the coloring and the way you put it all together.

Patricia H said...

I'm impressed at how you don't seem to mind making so many multiples of one card design. I understand how that streamlines the cardmaking process, but I have a hard time doing it for anything other than the Christmas cards my family sends.
Anyway, you've created a lot of wonderful cards! The puppy in the wagon is darling, and the Serene Spring card is gorgeous. Thanks for sharing your talents with the OWH community! Best wishes for a happy 2012.

Ann said...

Wow Pam! How you narrowed it down to 10, I'll never know. Your cards are always beautiful! You are such an inspiration to many of us here at OWH. I always look forward to seeing your cards!

Cherie said...

I love the variety of your top 10. No wonder it was hard to choose. My favorite is the Mother's Day easel card...love the colors and sentiments. Happy new year!

Seongsook Duncan said...

Pam, your cards are so beautiful. Love them all. Thanks very much for the inspiration.