Pages

Sunday, February 7, 2016

Day 7. Distress Inking Embossing Folder "ASK NOT WHAT YOUR COUNTRY CAN DO FOR YOU..." card using Stampin' UP! For Your Country

I am taking part of the ‪#‎thedailymarker30day‬ and this is my Day 7 coloring project.




What a day today has been.  My son and I watched a golf tournament and was pulling for Rickie Fowler, but he ended up with what I call the "Bubba Watson" award, second place. Then we went right into watching the Super Bowl.  What a game. Congrats to the Denver Broncos on being Super Bowl Champions. Their defense was awesome.  

Now for my card..  nothing hard at all and so much fun to make.     I grabbed a Darice Star embossing folder and inked up the inside of it on the side where the stars are depressed.  I inked it up with Blueprint Sketch and Candied Apple.  Then you spray the inked folder numerous times, insert your water color paper, close the folder up and run it through your machine. After it's embossed and you take it out of the folder you will need to take a paper towel to wipe up any excess ink and waalaa.. you are done!

I stamped the silhouette of the soldier, cut the strips, stamped the sentiment and put it all together.  As soon as I was done I showed it to my 17 year old son and he said "I like this" I asked him if he would like it and he was "oh yes!".  He asked me to stamp the back of it and took it to his room.  That makes me one very happy Momma!!

Have fun inking up your embossing folders and make some cards with your embossed pieces.


SUPPLIES:

card stock:  white, red and  SU Brillant Blue
stamps:  Stampin' UP! For Your Country
ink: Versafine Black ink, Distress Inks Blueprint Sketch and Candied Apples
accessories: Scor-Pal, Darice Stars embossing folder, Scor-Tape and Foam Tape



Day 7 for the 30 day Color Challenge is in the books.. or on the rather on the blog! 
#thedailymarker30day


thanks for looking ~



have a great airborne day!
God Bless All Our Military.. each and every one of them

1 comment:

Tina's Crop Shop said...

What an awesome card Pam! Love it!