Pages

Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Day 10. Distress Inks "They Say GOLF is like" .. fail.

I am taking part of the ‪#‎thedailymarker30day‬ and this is my Day 10 coloring project



I am taking part of a Blog Hop that starts tomorrow. After getting my blog post ready I thought I'd play around with a new stamp set that arrived today.   I sponged distress inks onto watercolor paper and then stamped..  stamp didn't stamp well..  inked up another piece of watercolor paper (R) by rubbing ink pads straight to paper.. didn't step well again.. so I do it again this time with white card stock. I then put water on the stamp of the golfer and stamped it on top of the saying..  not sure I like any of them, but oh well I tried.  I'm off to bed. I'll try something different tomorrow.   night

Day 10 for the 30 day Color Challenge is in the books.. or on the rather on the blog! 
#thedailymarker30day


thanks for looking ~



have a great airborne day!
God Bless All Our Military.. each and every one of them

2 comments:

Paper Therapy Ponderings said...

this is one place where I would do a heat emboss with my stamping. Use black versafine ink and then clear embossing powder. Also with watercolor paper - two sides to it - one is smoother - use that side and your kinking will be better.

Try again.

Barb

airbornewife said...

Barb.. I shipped most of my crafty stuff to WA and it's sitting there in storage. I wish I had kept my heat gun and embossing powders here with me. I will definitely try again when I get my stuff. I was using Versafine black ink and the smooth side. I stamped the image onto white card stock and noticed a few spots where the stamp wasn't level. I tried putting some small pieces of paper behind it in places. I am going to stamp it again today and contact the company I am still having issues. Thanks for the tip about heat embossing. I definitely want to try that with this set. hugs, Pam