Pages

Thursday, January 14, 2016

OSAT January "No Rules" Blog Hop ~ "YOU TOTALLY ROCK" Paper Smooches Birthday Buddies Card & Chocolate Treat Boxes

Hello..  Welcome to January's One Stamp At A Time "No Rules" Blog Hop.   Don't forget to click on the NEXT button at the bottom of the post to continue on to the next stop on the blog hop.

I had a blast making this card.  I stamped and colored the adorable doggie from Paper Smooches Birthday Buddies stamp set.  I pulled out my Copic markers which I haven't used in a long time and colored him up.  I usually print off sketches if they are ones that I think I'll use and they sit near me so they are handy.  For this card I grabbed the Retro Sketches #197 Sketch.   This sketch was right up my alley since I "LOVE" layers ~ the more the merrier!!



Working on a "project" was a tad bit hard for me.  I used to make all kinds of paper crafted goodies for my kids classrooms when they were in elementary school. Since they are older I got away from doing that.  That said..  I happened to walk into the Shopette here on post and saw that they had a whole bunch of the Ghirardelli Squares marked down. I bought an entire box full.  I plan on making a bunch and handing them out to people that I come in contact with almost daily ~ thatTotally ROCK!!

Below is the four that I made already. They are super fun & easy to make. 


Each one fits three squares in each.



To make the square treat holders you will need to cut your card stock to 4 1/4" x 8".

You will need to score your card stock on the short side at 1" and 3 1/4". Then on the long side at 2", 3", 5" and 6".


After scoring your card stock you will need to cut away some parts as shown in the picture below, as well as cutting up the short pieces on the sides as shown in the picture below:  note: when I cut up the side pieces I actually cut a tiny bit out because it makes it easier to fold.



After you've cut away and cut the side pieces you will then score all the folds and put adhesive on the flaps two pictures shown below:




I cut the flap that is the part you will fold into the box to 7/8" from the score line and then I rounded the corners.   

 I decorated the outside of the boxes using panels I stamped and layered.  I didn't color in all the doggies because I didn't think these were something that someone would be keeping after eating all the yummy chocolate.


Here is the sketch I used ~ RETRO SKETCHES RS#197:


SUPPLIES:    CARD

card stock:  black, white
pattern paper:  Lawn Fawn Sweater Weather
stamps:  Paper Smooches Birthday Buddies, Paper Smooches Uplifters
ink:  Memento Black, Versafine Black. Copic Markers: E34, E35, E99 and E79 dots on dog
accessories:  Scor-Pal, Eyelet Outlet Enamel Dots, MFT Pinked Circle Stax, Avery Elle Dotted Die, Glossy Accents and Foam Tape

SUPPLIES:    BOXES

card stock:  white, Papertrey Ink Red and Gold
stamps:  Paper Smooches Birthday Buddies and Uplifters
ink: Versafine Black. Distress Marker
accessories: Scor-Pal, WeRMemory Keepers Punch Board (corner rounder),  Eyelet Outlet Enamel Star and Scor-Tape


Thanks so much for stopping by to check out my projects on the Blog Hop ~ click the next button to head to Dena's blog ~ she is the next stop on the Hop!


OSAT BLOG HOPPERS:

Pam Tetreault  YOU ARE HERE




thanks for stopping by ~



have a great airborne day!

God Bless All Our Military.. each and every one of them

19 comments:

Kim said...

Love your cutie doggie stamp and the coordinating candy boxes!

Kylie Bertucci said...

This card ROCKS! So super cute. Love both projects.

AJ Bodine said...

Thank you for the AWESOME photo tutorial on those chocolate squares!!! Really adorable and I bet you'll make a lot of people happy handing those out!

Also, what a fun card, I love PS and your design is so cute!!!

Seongsook Duncan said...

Wow... Pam, your projects and tutorials are great. I am so excited to see your name on the list. I am so proud of you.

Tina's Crop Shop said...

Pam, you had me a "dog"! Love these! I definitely feel a case coming on with that adorable little holders for the candy!

Unknown said...

wow! i just LOVE your card! all the layers and that puppy so cute! AND you have coordinating chocolate boxes! love it!

Deb Naylor said...

DOG gone adorable. Thanks for showing how to make those cute boxes!

Deb Naylor said...

DOG gone adorable. Thanks for showing how to make those cute boxes!

Bruno Bertucci said...

love the marker-work. great projects.

Anna said...

Too cute! I love the dog!

Dena Rekow said...

These projects are absolutely adorable! Love the choco holder--thanks for the tutorial!

Renee Ondrajka said...

Great projects and I love that you have a tutorial for the boxes. Very clever.

Melissa Davies said...

Love the sweet little candy boxes - THANK YOU for sharing the "how-to"! I will definitely be trying these!

Marisa Gunn said...

Great tutorial on the box, and I love the coloring on the dog! Terrific projects.

Andrea Tracy-Tucker said...

I am so glad that you are on our Hop team! The boxes and your card are so stinking cute!

craftyd said...

Always love all of the layers on your cards. This is so neat and love your little treat box too. Dolores

Unknown said...

Love both the card & boxes! Thanks for including the extra info on the boxes!!

Card Bomb said...

Ooooh, I love your doggie card! Fantastic layout, colors and coloring! Your chocolate boxes are adorable too!
-Maria

Cindi Bennington said...

Very Original! #stampitcontest