Pages

Wednesday, October 2, 2013

OWH MWT ~ Holiday/Winter Themed Cards in Multiples

Happy October 2nd everybody~!!   I wanna take a second to shout to the mountaintop that this is the month that my husband returns from Deployment ~ YEAH!!!

I was asked a short time back if I would make some cards for an OWH Mid-Week Throwdown Challenge and that challenge was to make Holiday and/or Winter Themed cards that didn't say Merry Christmas on them.  The cards could then be used all through the winter months.   Of course I said  yes.. because I love helping out OWH any way I can and I absolutely love making multiples of cards.

I have three different cards that I have to show you  (the last one is the one that was featured on the OWH site) ~ I am including measurements for each card as well.    I hope that you give making multiples a whirl.



Winter Wishes:

card base: 5 1/2" x 8 1/2" scored at 4 1/4"
red layer:  4" x 5 1/4"
pattern paper:   3 7/8" x 5 1/8"  if you cover the whole piece.. or I cut it into two smaller strips since I was covering the middle with the middle strip and those pieces measure:  1 5/8" x 5 1/8"

middle strip:

red layer:  1 5/8" x 5 1/4"
pattern paper:  1 1/2" x 5 1/8"

sentiment stamped and punched out using Stampin' UP! middle oval punch and layered onto the scallop oval punch





Blessings To You:

card base:  5 1/2" x 8 1/2" scored at 4 1/4"
red layer:  4" x 5 1/4"
pattern paper:  3 7/8" x 5 1/8"

red layer:  3 1/8" x 4 3/8" 
pattern paper: 3" x 4 1/4"

sentiment layers:
red:   1 1/8" x 4"
white: 1" x 3/ 7/8"





You're Always In My Heart:

card base:  5 1/2" x 8 1/2" scored at 4 1/4"

white layer:  4" x 5 1/4"
pattern paper:  3 7/8" x 5 1/8"

embossed panel:

light blue paper: 2" x 5"
dark blue:  1 7/8" x 4 7/8"

sentiment:

navy blue: 1 1/4" x 3 3/4"
light blue:  1 1/8" x 3 3/8"
white:        1" x 3 1/2"

for the circles, I used three different size punches and a Stampin' UP! Snowflake punch



thanks for looking ~

have a great airborne day!
God Bless All Our Military.. each and every one of them



14 comments:

Sharon Huffman said...

Thank you for the inspirational cards! I bet you are beside yourself with excitement today knowing your husband is returning!!! Take care and give him a big hug from all of us fellow-OWHers!

Joanne said...

Thank you thank you for the photos showing kits pieces & dimensions. I am just starting to make kits since I have card friends who said they are willing to help assemble.

I tend to steal any die cut pieces from a background layer when it will be covered up anyway. I just don't like wasting paper if I can help it. Do you not do that because you find it is just faster to cut another piece of paper in assembly line when making kits?

Thank you also for you tips on OWH tutorial of assembling all of one step at a time, then moving on to next step. Will try that for sure.

Beautiful cards by the way. Always. Thanks for sharing so we can all continue to grow.

Joanne said...

Thank you thank you for the photos showing kits pieces & dimensions. I am just starting to make kits since I have card friends who said they are willing to help assemble.

I tend to steal any die cut pieces from a background layer when it will be covered up anyway. I just don't like wasting paper if I can help it. Do you not do that because you find it is just faster to cut another piece of paper in assembly line when making kits?

Thank you also for you tips on OWH tutorial of assembling all of one step at a time, then moving on to next step. Will try that for sure.

Beautiful cards by the way. Always. Thanks for sharing so we can all continue to grow.

Jody Green said...

Pam, These are all beautiful. I love the designs and your paper choices. What brand is the little bird paper? It's so cute!

Unknown said...

I'm so glad for you that your husband is coming home, how exciting.
Thank you for sharing this time saving tip on multiples...I will be CASE-ing all of them I'm sure.

Erika said...

Thanks for taking the time to create this tutorial for OWH. Your pictures and detailed instructions are great and should make it easy to create cards quickly!

Abby said...

I love all your cards! Well done! Can you tell me what the red circle is behind the brad in your 2nd card?

Thanks for sharing...and I thank your family for your sacrifice & serving our country!

Debra said...

So happy to hear your husband will be home soon. Thanks to you and him for his service.

Debra said...

So happy to hear your husband will be home soon. Thanks to you and him for his service.

Seahorse Ranch Girl said...

Pam, I used your design to create 2 cards for the THANK YOU bloghop. Thank you for the elegant design. It is indeed good news that your husband is returning in December. Charlotte

airbornewife said...

In response to a couple of questions:

The paper is from Memory Box, a friend who has a scrapboook store in Dover, TN gifted it to me.

The red circle behind the brads is a 1/4" punch that I pierced a hole in to make the white brad show up more. Hobby Lobby discontinued the packages of red brads for some reason, now you have to buy a multi pack to get red ones.

hope that helps. thanks everybody~ Pam

Jessie said...

Your cards are so beautiful! I LOVE the papers you used! And thank you for showing us the assembly of making multiples. Happy WCMD!

Unknown said...

Fabulous cards, I've adopted your multiple ideas on so many cards, really is helpful. Best wishes for a memorable reunion! A huge thank you to your entire family for their service!

stacydh said...

Thank you very much for sharing this. I have been looking for something like this to use! :)