Pages

Friday, August 3, 2012

I Love You So Much... OWH Challenge: Flower card


There is the neatest tutorial on the OWH Stars & Stamps blog this past week.. Paper Pansies, made using punches. At the end of the post it asked to see your cards made using the tutorial or flower cards.. This morning when I reached into a box of pattern paper I pulled out a brand new pack of paper that I bought at Tuesday Morning who knows when. I seen the strip of flowers and went to work from there.

I used my favorite.. favorite brown paper in the whole wide world for the base and the strip where I punched the scallop border from. If I could, I would probably make cards using only that brown.. haha.. not too many ways to make Patriotic cards using brown.. but I bet I'd figure out a way,haha.

I like the way it turned out and might, just might make some more. I used the Bow Easy for the bow and before pulling the ribbon taunt, I put a long piece in the back loop so that I would have a piece to attach to my card across the middle.

Supplies used on this card:

card stock: Neenah Cayon Brown 100lb cover (LOVE IT!!!), Stampin' UP! Cajun Craze (need to use this stuff up, I have four reams that I ordered by accident when I was wanting Cherry Cobbler)
ink: Memento Brown
pattern paper: Basic Grey Pyrus
stamps: Papertrey Signature Greetings
other: Stampin' UP! brown ribbon.. gorgeous ribbon, Bow Easy, Scallop border punch


thanks for looking ~

have a great airborne day!
God Bless All Our Military.. each and every one of them

1 comment:

Nancy Keller said...

What pretty colors! Thanks for playing along with us! :)