Pages

Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Quick & Easy Butterfly cards.. set of 32 made in no time at all.



This morning I seen a video by Jennifer McGuire and it reminded me of some cards I made a very, very long time ago.   I decided to make a bunch of these.  I grabbed a bunch of white and black card stock and got cutting.. I ended up cutting enough layers for 32 cards.   I already had the card bases already cut/scored and folded from when my son played basketball.. I used to go to his practice with cut card stock in hand, along with my Scor-Pal and I would score and fold lots and lots of card bases.


Since it was cold last night and this morning as well.. my stamp room was a bit cold, so I decided to do all my stamping on the kitchen counter.   I got Pandora on my laptop playing.. a cold Coke Zero (to the left of the laptop not in pic), my awesome Fiskars ProCision cutter~ which I absolutely LOVE!!!   I have made thousands of cuts with this thing and it cuts as nice today as it did the first day I got it..  worth every single penny I paid for it.


This was my counter after I got into stamping..  I had grabbed a bunch of stamp sets and ink pads from my stamp room and had so much fun making these cards.


Here's how I went about making these cards:

First I cut all my layers..  sorry for the blurry pic.   I cut the white layers at 4" x 5 1/4" and the black layers at 4 1/8" x 5 3/8".     I did four stacks of 8.


I then stamped all the sentiments for each set of 8 cards, using Versafine Black ink..  awesome ink for sentiments.   *the green piece of scrap paper is a piece of card stock I use when stamping on white layers.  I always put a colored piece of card stock under the white layer while stamping ~ so I can align my paper to stamp my sentiment straight.



Next I got to stamping the butterflies.    I did the largest one first.    Ink up the stamp real good..   stamp it once, then twice and then a third time.. I would stamp the butterfly in one direction and then the other way and so on.



Then the smaller butterfly..  doing the same as the large one. Ink up the stamp.. then stamp it once, twice and three time.. alternating it's direction and location on the card stock.


After doing all the stamping for each color.. I would then layer each stamped layer onto a black layer.


 Here are all the layers stamped.. I really like the way the blue and the green turned out.



When I am doing multiples..  in order to get things done more efficiently, I have found that when it's time to do the adhesive on the layers.. I put adhesive on several and then put them all on the card bases..  then do another batch.  This goes much faster then doing them one at a time.  I have tried it both ways and this works so much better for me. I get the "putting together" done much faster this way.


Here are all the stamped layers on the black layers..



here's one of the cards all put together...



And all 32 completed...

here are the stamps and ink pads I used on the cards:


SUPPLIES:

stamps: L-R:   Hero Arts/Sizzix Butterflies (657773), Hero Arts Truly Appreciated (CL380), Hero Arts Antique Engravings (CL383), Hero Arts Made With Love (CL491)
ink:  Versafine Black, Stampin' UP! Gumball Green, Cherry Cobbler, Raspberry Ripple and Midnight Muse
card stock:  Neenah White, Recollections Black



thanks for looking ~



have a great airborne day!

God Bless All Our Military.. each and every one of them

14 comments:

Unknown said...

Hello, Does your Fiskers cutter actually have 1/8" measurements? The ones (yes, multiple) I have only goes to 1/4". My guesstimating is not that great so having 1/8" measurements would be wonderful. Also love all the cards and all your die cuts on the other cards. Good going

Sharon said...

I have the same cutter but my blades not as sharp as it used to be. Do you use PTI papers? I've cleaned it (the paper dust out) and rotated the blade but no improvements. I've emailed fiskers for a replacement blades with no response.

Love the cards.

gabby said...

What a wonderful idea! I'm going to have to try it. Thanks for the step by step instructions!!

airbornewife said...

Reply to Sharon: I don't use PTI papers, but rather most of the paper I use is Neenah 80# and 100# Cover. I also use Stampin' UP! and My Favorite Things. I would call Fiskars. In the past I had an issue with the measurement wearing off my cutter and they replaced it by just asking for an picture to show where it had worn off. I would call them and explain what's going on. It shouldn't be doing that. ~ Pam

Couture911 said...

Thanks for all the instructions. I CASE a lot of your cards because I like that they don't use an excess of frou frou and you often list exact measurements.

Tommi said...

I've learned so much in this post! I've recently pulled out my image stamps to try CAS. Your post was both inspirational as well as offered techniques on process.
Thank you

Erika said...

Pam - I have learned how to make cards quicker from your blogposts and appreciate all the details and pictures you provide. I have been thinking about making some holiday cards every month like you do too. Thanks for all the inspiration!

Lisa Oliver said...

Thanks for the inspiration and the great tutorial Pam! I really appreciate how you keep your blog updated so I always have a place to go when I need a boost in the mojo!

Brenda & Ian said...

Just got home from a 5 week holiday. I am going through my favourite Blogs. What a treat to read through your tutorial. Loads of helpful details. What an exceptional group!

Jenny said...

So pretty and striking! Thank you for reminding me that I don't need to make every card with 5 coordinating papers and 4 colors. :)
And I love my Pro-Cision, too. I use a little Tri-Flow oil on the runners when it seems to be having problems cutting. It's not the blade, it's the track! Hope that tip helps Sharon. :)

pam said...

Great tutorial. Easy to follow and understand each step. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

violet said...

Wonderful, informative, tutorial !
Thank you for passing on your knowledge !
Violet

Anusha said...

Excellent work .Good Luck

Anusha

Sage said...

Cool Cards and Great info on being faster at card making! Thank You for sharing such Excellent Instructions too :)