Pages

Thursday, January 7, 2016

"A LITTLE BIRDIE TOLD ME ~ IT'S YOUR BIRTHDAY!" Tim Holtz Crazy Birds card for a friend.


Back in November a good friend of mine asked if I could make a card for her for her mom's birthday that is this month.  I got so busy in December with family visiting and the holidays, that I hadn't had a chance to sit down and make anything.   Last night I decided it was time to make a card for her because her mom's birthday is approaching rather quickly. 

I pulled out the Crazy Birds and got busy making a card.  It was one that I improvised as I went.  After I colored the birds I took a waterbrush and flicked water on the bird images (I bought a spray bottle today because mine are in storage).  After assembling all the pieces I took my Wink of Stella Clear Glitter pen and colored around the outer sides of the balloons, the center area of the hats, their beak and the bow/ribbon on the present.

This card went postal today to my friend. I hope her mom likes it as much as I do.



I had a few balloons leftover from the front of the card and I didn't want them to go to waste.   I stamped the sentiments, adhered the balloons and drew in the balloon strings. I then attached the white panel to the black panel and somehow.. not sure how since I went and washed the ink off my hands.. but I got a tiny mark on the white piece right above the H in Birthday..  AHHHHHHH!!!!!!!
I pulled out a tiny solid heart from a Lawn Fawn stamp set and stamped over it and then stamped a few others around on the piece.    




I shipped my original WeRMemory Keepers Envelope board so I bought the new one about two months ago. This morning I finally cut that baby out of the packaging and made an envelope with it for the card. The card had so much dimension that it wouldn't fit in a regular envelope.  This one is so much easier to use than the other one I have.




I made the envelope with the Stars on the inside, the flipside is white. I did this so my friend will be able to mail it to her mom and be able to address it. 



 SUPPLIES:

card stock:  Black, White, Tim Holtz Watercolor Paper.
pattern paper on card: Authentique Classique Beauty
pattern paper for envelope: The Paper Studio (Hobby Lobby) Cosmic Whammy
stamps:  Tim Holtz Stampers Anonymous Crazy Birds, Tim Holtz Stampers Anonymous Crazy Things, Tim Holtz Stampers Anonymous Crazy Talk. Lawn Fawn Stinkin Cute
ink: Versafine Black, Assorted Zig Clean Color Real Brush Pens (I ordered the 48 pk from Amazon, and adds on through Tupelo Designs LLC, Wink of Stella Clear Glitter
accessories:  Scor-Pal, WeRMemory Keeprs 1-2-3 Punch Board, Tim Holtz Stampers Anonymous Crazy Birds Dies, Tim Holtz Stampers Anonymous Crazy Things Dies, Fun Foam and Foam Tape



thanks for looking ~



have a great airborne day!
God Bless All Our Military.. each and every one of them

1 comment:

Unknown said...

No way would your mom's friend NOT like this card! Love it! Great job. from Laura P