Pages

Wednesday, March 11, 2015

OWH ODBD Challenge "YOU MEAN THE WORLD TO ME" lot of cards for kids *w/MEASUREMENTS


 *MEASUREMENTS DOWN BELOW/ALONG WITH SKETCH.

The theme for this month's OWH ODBD Challenge is "SENTIMENTS".  Thank you to Our Daily Bread Designs for your support of OWH and our Troops!!!  Hooah!!

With a theme such as Sentiments, it's a perfect time to use again a stamp set I recently purchased that is made by Stamps of Life called Phrases2Say. I ended up making 10 cards in total.



In making these 10 cards, the thing that took me the most time.. was putting the foam tape on the back of these panels.




This paper is just too darn adorable.  I wish I had bought more packs of it.   The paper is some that I bought at Tuesday Morning sometime last year. I am not sure how many were in each package, but they were only .99 cents.. what a deal!  

also!!!  After searching all over the place for mini/tiny brads.. I finally found them and was so excited when my package arrived yesterday.. I LOVE THEM!!!  They are from the EYELETOUTLET and only $1.99 for 40.  I ordered a whole bunch!!!


**THIS IS THE SKETCH I USED:  SSSC235



*MEASUREMENTS:

card base:  5 1/2" x 8 1/2" scored at 4 1/4"

black layer:  4 1/8" x 5 3/8"
pattern layer:  4"  x 5 1/4"

large panel:

black layer:  3 3/8" x 4 5/8"
pattern layer:  3 1/4" x 4 1/2"

rectangle layer:

black layer: 2 5/8" x 3 3/8"
pattern layer:  2 1/2" x  3 1/4"

banner flag:
black layer;  1 3/4" wide *I cut mine about 1 1/2-2" because it was going to be tucked up under the other layer and you wasn't going to see it. 
pattern layer:  1 5/8" wide.    I laid the pattern on the black layer and then cut the fish tails, then moved up the pattern paper when I adhered them together.

sentiment was stamped on a 2 1/2" circle and I die-cut a black layer using my MFT Circle Stax dies

Thank You Sharon for letting me know I had a measurement wrong and missing a layer. I was half awake last night while posting it.  I appreciate you letting me know. {{HUGS}}

*SUPPLIES:

card stock:  black, cream
pattern paper: WeRMemory Keepers Storytime line: Hansel  and Big Bad Wolf
stamps: Stamps of life Phrases2Say
ink:  Hero Arts Black
accessories: Scor-Pal, Circle Punch, MFT Circle Stax dies, Tiny Brads from EYELET OUTLET, and Foam Tape




thanks for looking ~

have a great airborne day!
God Bless All Our Military.. each and every one of them

8 comments:

Sharon said...

I love that you are putting measurements with the cards you do. But on this one I think you are missing a layer and the middle layers measurements are off. The frame is 3 3/8 but the pattern is 2 5/8. Sharon

Donna Hanley said...

10 Fantastic cards. Really cute papers and, of course, that is a wonderful sentiment that can be used for so many people. Thanks for the heads up on the little dots. They are so much easier than using brads. Enjoy your day.

Donna Hanley said...

Me again. This thought they were dots not brads. Great price for the brads though.

Cynthia T said...

Your use of those patterned papers is inspired. Patterned papers are one of my favorite card-making supplies! Had to 'pin' this one!

craftysahmiam said...

Adorable papers and fun sketch made for a terrific set of cards for kiddos! Thanks for sharing the measurements and where you found the supplies.

nanci said...

Love your blog Love It !!! Can you please tell me the foam tape you get from Amazon is it the 1/2" or 3/4
thank You

airbornewife said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
airbornewife said...

Nanci.. I posted a comment and removed it as I wasn't sure the link was the right one. The foam tape I buy from Amazon is the 3/4" x 38 yards. I usually cut it in half and sometimes three sections to get the most from it. here is the link:

http://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B0015ZXEKC/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1