Pages

Friday, February 27, 2015

21 "YOU MEAN THE WORLD TO ME" cards complete *w/measurements





The minute I seen this pattern paper in a Tuesday Morning store sometime last year, I just had to have it.  There is a whole bunch of sheets in a pack, double sided and they were only $1.99.   I have had it laying to the left of my desk for a week now and decided to make some cards using it.

I ended up with 21 all together. These are super easy to make ~ the ONLY time consuming thing is the banner and truthfully, you could just make that banner into a long rectangle and the cards would be just as nice.  I might do that next time.






I cut the banner pieces a little longer than I needed after the tails were cut. I would cut them two at a time to save some time, then cut each one down to 4 1/2" long.  I then adhered each one to a black panel and trim the top and the banner tails on it as well.



One banner down.. 19 more to go (I was putting together 20 cards this morning as I made the sampel one last night)


After the banners are all trimmed and put together, I'm ready to put these babies together.

Getting after it.. to get them put together!




*MEASUREMENTS:

card base:  8 1/2" x 11" scored at 4 1/4"

solid layer:  4 1/8" x 5 3/8"
pattern layer:  4" x 5 1/4"

banner
solid layer:  2 5/8" x ...  not really measured, I cut them at 5 1/2" then after putting the pattern piece on, I trimmed it down.
pattern piece:  2 1/2" x 4 1/2" *note, that is after the banner tails are cut. I cut it more like 4 3/4" or 5" and then trim the tails, then cut the banner to 4 1/2"   hope that makes sense.

sentiment:  *this is determined by what size your sentiment stamp is, adjust accordingly
solid layer:  2 5/8" x 2 5/8"
pattern:   2 1/2" x 2 1/2"



*SUPPLIES:
card stock:  white, black
pattern paper:  Imaginisce *doesn't have a name on the strip at the end of the paper
stamps:  Stamps of Life Phrases2Say
ink:  Hero Arts Black
accessories:  Scor-Pal, Martha Stewart Heart Border Punch and Foam Tape Dots

Here's the sketch I used:




thanks for looking ~

have a great airborne day!
God Bless All Our Military.. each and every one of them

No comments: