Pages

Thursday, April 4, 2013

Just for You ... lot of butterfly cards


My kids and I went to Cary yesterday and I scored big time for some shimmery card stock that is nice and sturdy for card bases..  oh my goodness... it's so awesome and beautiful.. ohhhhh.. so beautiful.

I decided to use some of the shimmery grey/silver to make these cards.    These are not A2 sized cards.  I don't know if they fit into a "size" chart.. but I know that they fit in some envelopes that I bought last year in Myrtle Beach at a Goodwill store.. super nice bright white envelopes.. but not regular size. 

To use these bases.. I needed to only trim 2" off the one end, score at 4" and fold in half.  

the size of these cards is:  4" x 5 3/4"


Since these are not normal sized cards.. so my measurements 
won't work if you are making A2 sized cards.

If you just make a base layer.. and then a layer on top of that.. 

the pattern pieces are leftover from the Missing You cards I made a few days ago.. I cut them at 2" by 5 1/8".. then put them on a layer of black.

The flourish/butterfly piece is 2 7/8" x 2" and the 
black layer for it is: 3" x 2 1/8"

I stamped the circle of butterflies and punched it out with a circle punch.. and layered that onto another circle.



thanks for looking ~

have a great airborne day!
God Bless All Our Military.. each and every one of them

No comments: