Pages

Friday, February 3, 2012

Tent Topper Card... A Merry Christmas



A while back OWH had a "pick your top 10 cards of 2011" and one that I had picked was a tent topper Christmas card I had made. A fellow stamper asked me how I did it, so I thought I'd make another and explain.. it's super easy.

For this card I used an image from a Stampin' UP! set called Boughs & Holly.. and one from Stampers Best (use code: airbornewife) titled Winter Church. Cherry Cobbler card stock, as well as cream and some patterened papers. Riding Hood Red ribbon, a big brad, bigkick, Top Note Die, Oval punches and Dimensionals!!!

I cut a 4 1/4" x 8 1/2" piece of card stock, score it at 4 1/4" and fold.
I then cut some layers to go on top of it.

On the card I made here I used a Stampin' UP! Top Note Die.. but you can use anything.. a big square, circle, rectangle.. any shape. Then I put some layers on that piece as well.

On my grid paper I put a mark at the 5 1/2" line.. I set my card base near the edge of the paper and then put my topper on it.. I did have adhesive on the back of my topper piece.. in fact I had laid it on it to get a mark as to wear to put adhesive.. I put it a little bit below that mark and put some at the top of the card base itself.. that way I didn't have a bunch of adhesive showing on the back of the topper.

When I am putting the topper on my cards.. I do not have the layers on the lower portion glued on the card base itself.. I do that in case I want to put brads or wrap ribbon around it.... that is the last thing I do is attach the lower top layers with topper attached to my card base.. hope that makes sense.

then just decorate your card.

thanks for looking ~

have a great airborne day!
God Bless All Our Military.. each and every one of them

1 comment:

Sherry Hickey said...

Thanks, Pam! Your card is so pretty and it's fun to learn a new technique!