Pages

Friday, February 3, 2012

OWH Challenge Card.... Happy Mother's Day


The Challenge on the OWH Stars & Stamps blog this week is to use Die-Cuts or Punches on your card.

I got some new Memory Box dies yesterday and wanted to give them a whirl in the machine today. I used both the solid butterfly which is called Vivienne Butterfly that I cut out of the top layer.. then used the Darla butterfly to cut out the butterflies that I glued on top of the cut out areas.

For the pattern paper I used some from a new Stampin' UP! Designer Series Paper called Everyday Enchantment.. it's a freebie for SAB.

The script background is a Hero Arts stamp and the sentiment is from a Verve stamp set.

I used white card stock for the base and top layer, More Mustard ink on the script stamp and Memento brown on the sentiment. A hole punch and some More Mustard brads.. and this card.. get this..... has no dimensionals on it.. yep.. you read that right.. no dimensionals.. I used double sided foam tape and filled in the backside of that baby before putting it on the card base.



thanks for looking ~

have a great airborne day!
God Bless All Our Military.. each and every one of them

6 comments:

Sherry Hickey said...

This will melt a hero Mom's heart! Great job, Pam.

Sherry Hickey said...

This will melt a hero Mom's heart! Great job, Pam.

Unknown said...

Memory Box dies are insanely gorgeous and you rocked them! I just checked the last four posts and all of these cards are terrific.

Lee Mae said...

Hi Pam, your card is beautiful and makes a wonderful Mother's Day card! I really like how you cut out the bottom butterfly and then layered another type of die cut butterfly over top. It looks fabulous. I have been seeing lots of Memory Box dies this challenge and I think my wallet is going to get a lot thinner pretty soon! Thanks for playing in our Midweek Throwdown Challenge at Operation Write Home Stars & Stamps!
~Lee Mae
Operation Write Home
MWT Assistant

librarian314 said...

Nice card! I love layered butterflies as they add just a touch more interest to the card.

Lee Ann Barrett said...

Pam, you do beautiful work. Every card I see of yours is perfect. These butterfies are gorgeous and love how you layered them. Thanks for sharing! I think it is time to follow your blog!