Pages

Sunday, October 9, 2011

some more cards for the OWH Sketch Challenge #90

I thought I'd make some more cards using the OWH Sketch Challenge for this week.
For this card I used a digital download image from Stampin' UP! of the motorcycle.. such a cool image. I used Going Gray card stock, some black and some Brushed Silver.. the image was printed on white card stock. I used black ink for the sentiment which is from a Hero Arts set. The embossing folder is Tim Holtz Cracked.

For this card I used a Hero Arts scene stamp and a sentiment.. I thought I'd make it a Birthday card for someone who has a birthday in the wintertime. Stampin' UP! Always Artichoke, a cream from XpedX and pattern paper from My Mind's Eye. Green Distress ink.

thanks for looking ~

have a great airborne day!
God Bless All Our Military.. each and every one of them

13 comments:

Ronni Unger said...

Nice cards Pam - love the motorcyle!

Donna Hanley said...

Pam, these a both wonderful. I love that motorcycle image. I That embossing folder with the silver is just perfect. I also love that dp on your second card. Great job of both. Thanks for sharing.

Lee Mae said...

Your cards are awesome. I like them both here and on the OWH S&S blog. I couldn't "see" a card from the sketch, but your cards let me know that this sketch will become a favorite of mine! I like the clean, kind of bold look of your motorcycle card and the deeper tone of the eagle card. Thanks for making all of the examples.

Trish said...

Great cards. Love the motorcycle.

Desert Rose Stamper said...

I love your embossing. The silver with the motorcycle is just perfect too. I really enjoy seeing your cards -- such great ideas. Thanks!

Linda said...

The motorcycle card is awe some but the deer card stole my heart! It is so darn sweet! TFS!!!

Carol L said...

Two more great cards done with this week's sketch! I'm VERY interested in that embossing folder too *wink*. Nice job on both!

Holly Iossa (Homeschool Homestead) said...

Really like both these cards. Having a winter birthday I love the card for birthday. I will have to life the motorcycle card as I have friends who ride. They would love this.

Kathy V. said...

Love the motorcycle card--very manly. I just may have to "borrow" this idea. (wink, wink)

StampTramps said...

These cards are both awesome! I especially like the idea of using great stamps that don't need to be colored in. I sometimes spend so much time with the markers, that I feel like I never get anything done.

Julie said...

Gorgeous as always, Pam! I love that Hero Arts scene, might have to go find that stamp now, lol! Thanks again for making our samples this week and for all you do for Operation Write Home!

Jen M said...

Pam - gorgeous cards and the samples you made this week are divine as well! Great job!

Sherry Hickey said...

Pam, the lucky guy who receives your motorcycle card will probably never part with it! That ef is so cool. My dream is to sit and watch you make cards, lol.