Pages

Sunday, September 4, 2011

OWH Birthday Bash 2011: use eyelets JUST SAYING HELLO CARD


OWH is having a Birthday Bash this month and they are having some challenges. This challenge is to use eyelets. I had started this card last night and tonight when I sat down and seen it.. I knew right away I would use a large eyelet as a tire swing and then added the sentiment... I really like how it turned out.

I got some new dies a week or so ago at a local stamp store and wanted to put them to use. The dies are from Memory Box and are called: Twiggy Tree and Leafy Canopy.

I used a sentiment from a Hero Arts set.. it's out of it's original packaging so I don't know the name of it.

Stampin' UP! Early Espresso and Certainly Celery card base and layer, GP White and the pattern paper I think is from My Mind's Eye. I used a micro pen to draw the line from the eyelet to the tree branch.

thanks for looking ~

have a great airborne day!
God Bless All Our Military.. each and every one of them

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

The tire swing is such a cute idea! Love your card. I pulled my eyelets out of my stash last night and need to set to work! Thanks for sharing! --Yvonne

Dawn C. said...

What a beautiful card! Trees are so simple yet so elegant. I love the tree swing! Great card!

Carol L said...

What an AWESOME tree this is! I've never seen this die before, but I LOVE the look, and how brilliant to use an eyelet for the tire swing! LOVE this!!

Jen M said...

What a clever idea! I love the eyelet as tire swing - and those dies are FAB!

StampTramps said...

Wow, I love this card! I've never seen any dies by Memory Box, I smell some shopping!!!