Pages

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

~* GREETINGS FROM..... TEXAS *~



Yesterday when we got done at the Outlet Mall.. my sweet hubby drove me to a little stamp store here in El Paso called The Stamp Act. I picked up these two Texas stamps from Deadbeat Designs and thought I'd use them on a card tonight... er, I mean morning since it's after midnight.. ha ha.

I seen a card that Polly and her friend had just finished ~ it was representing the Texas Longhorns.. the thing that I really liked about it was how she did her TEXAS word stamp.. randomly punching out holes on it.. then layering it on black.. so that's what I did on a tag. I stamped the shape of Texas stamp with Versamark onto Cajun Craze and then cut it out.. stuck that on onto some black card stock and then cut it out. I used a star brad from the Stylized Silver Hodgepodge Hardware set I have from Stampin' UP!

The sentiment: Greetings from... I typed on the computer and printed it off on Very Vanilla and sponged around on it and the tag too.


thanks for looking ~

have a great airborne day!
God Bless All Our Military.. each and every one of them

2 comments:

KER said...

LOVE IT!...those look like bullet holes...just what you see on most signs in rural...and some not so rural areas...made me smile all over my face

txbluiz said...

Love it!!! I actually took a class this weekend from Mark - the owner/designer of Deadbeat Designs. It was a great class although I was expecting a "Texas" flair to the projects. We actually used hot air balloon stamps (along with versamark and chalks).