Pages

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Making "LOTS" of Valentine's Day cards for my hubby's unit

my supplies as I started

after cutting and deciding to make one card

I must be out of my mind!!! ha ha.. I have decided to make a hundred or so Valentine's Day cards.. first I said I'd make 100 to send to my husband's unit in Iraq, and then I have a friend who is in another area of Iraq and I'm sending her a card for a gift exchange.. and then another soldier that we have known for a very long time is in Afghanistan and I am going to send some to them too.. better get my behind in motion to get these things done.

this is the first card I made
I started this morning.. got things cut and then got derailed by the Heating & Air folks.. and with finishing some laundry.. then this afternoon got back on track and after dinner whipped some more together. All total today was 11 complete cards..

my 11 completed cards for today
inside and out! I am proud of myself, but I need more than that.. so as soon as the kids go to sleep, I am going to grab a punch and punch 90 of one circle and 90 of another and 90 scallop circles and 90 hearts.. I have all the card bases and layers cut out, I will need to probably emboss about 60 more of the dotted layers, oh.. and stamp the saying.. then it's assembly time.


thanks for looking ~



have a great airborne day!


God Bless All Our Military.. each and every one of them

No comments: